Paddling » Hank McGregor PROFILE
- Date of Birth: 24 January 1978
- Place of Birth: Cape Town
- Weight: 82KG
- Height: 1.87M
- Discipline: Paddler/lifestyle athlete
Full Name: Hank McGregor
Number of years with the team: 3rd year
Number of years racing: 28
Favourite Event: Any race
Favourite Track/Course: Sea or River are the best
Highlight of your career: 3 x World Senior Mens Marathon Champion
- Junior World Marathon Champion
- 7 x Senior K1 World Marathon Champion
- 3 x Senior K2 World Marathon Champion
- 1 x Senior K2 World Marathon Silver Medalist
- 3 x Molokai World Surfski Champion winner
- 11 x Berg River Canoe Marathon Winner
- 2 x Dusi Canoe Marathon Winner
- 4 x Durban World Cup Surfski winner
- 8 x Varsity College Surf ski Series winner
- Winner of all National titles in surfski, flat water canoeing and river canoeing in the same year.
- Winner of every surfski race and canoe race on the South African Calendar.
- National Colours in 3 sports – canoeing, surfski and lifesaving
- 2014 Surfski World Champ
Questions and Answers
Q: What was your First Boat?
A: White Guppie/flipper (for kids)
Q: What do you love most about your sport?
A: I have been able to travel the World racing the best in the business
Q: What has your sport taught you?
A: It doesn’t always go your own way but that shouldn’t stop you from trying again to do your best
Q: Biggest goal for 2015?
A: Being the best Dad I can be and to try and win as many races as possible
Q: Interesting fact about yourself?
A: I hate not winning
Find me on...